Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Checklist

Christmas Day is two days away... here's my checklist:
  • Home decorated
  • 409 cards sent
  • A fresh loaf of cinnamon raisin bread has been baked and delivered to every neighbor on my street
  • Presents wrapped and under the tree
  • Mother-in-law here
  • Brother and his wife here
  • Daddy Santa is ready to visit on Christmas Eve (evil grin)
  • Turkey and trimmings ready for the big dinner
Well, then, we seem to be ready.

I am ready for the material things, and now I am readying my heart. What's that? Contemplating, reflecting on the past year, thinking about those whom I love and about whom I care. Thinking of ways that I can help or lend a hand. To me, that's what Christmas is about: the reason for the season, the spirit of caring, loving, grace, and joy.

Life is short: Keep the faith and keep it focused.

No comments: