Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Top 10 Countdown: 6 - 10

It has been interesting blogging for my second year, with posts appearing every day about various things in my life and about my interests in boots, leather, motorcycling, and caring for people.

I keep stats on which of my posts throughout the whole year are most viewed. The posts come up -- even the older ones -- from Google searches, mostly, since Google owns Blogger, which is where this blog is hosted.

So here goes .... the following are the most popular posts on my blog this year:

#10: (tie) Best Value Motorcycle Boots

Lots of people search for information and end up on my website and this blog while looking for insights on the best value for [quality] motorcycle boots. This post was written in response to seeing all of those searches end up on my website.

#10: (tie) Leather Repair and Alteration

This post was written in response to a number of email messages that I have received this year.

#9: Rules for Cowboy Boots

It never ceases to amaze me how many people use the Internet to search for the mystical "rules" for wearing cowboy boots. Here they are.

#8: Rules for Wearing Fetish Uniforms

Searching for "rules" about whether it is legal to wear a uniform if you are not a law enforcement officer results in many hits on this blog and my website. Here are "the rules" for those who have a uniform fetish.

#7: The Masculine Gay Man

As I said in the opening of that post, a LOT of people use search engines to look up information about gay men and masculinity. This is one of the two most popular posts on this blog that gives my opinions on the matter.

#6: Wesco Boots -- Gay?

An attempted blog comment on a previous (and still very popular) blog post resulted in my developing another post about Wesco boots and gay culture. It seems that YouTube videos about Wesco boots by gay guys has caused misperceptions by some straight guys.

-------------------
Check back for my next post tomorrow when I reveal #1 - #5!

No comments: