Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekends are Too Short

Whoever arranged things so you have only two days off on a weekend didn't get it right. Don't we all feel that we need or at least want to have twice the time? Too bad we all can't convince our employers to reverse things, and give us five-day weekends and only have to work two days each week with no reduction in pay. (giggle.)

Yes, my doctor cleared me to ride my Harley when I saw him on Friday. The joy, though, is bittersweet. I do not have much time to take a "journey ride" on it. Sure, I got out for an hour on Saturday, but that was all that I could manage to squeeze in.

My partner wanted to go to a newly re-opened nearby trolley museum yesterday. While I would rather be out riding, and I would love to have him with me as my passenger, he is physically unable to join me as a passenger any more, so our joint activities no longer involve the bike.

The museum visit was lame, I have to admit. Not much to see. My partner was disappointed. We have ridden the trams in Philadelphia, San Francisco, Toronto, Vienna, Munich, Frankfort, and the world's largest system in Melbourne (Australia), among other places. What we saw at this local museum was negligible in comparison with real, active trolley/tram systems elsewhere.

But it was what he wanted to do, and considering that he gave up his life to take care of me while I was recovering from my broken leg, doing something he wanted to do was the least I could do for him. I went along and we made the best of it. He loves trolleys, and they are the feature of this museum, but there wasn't much to see. The "free ride" went around a little loop and was all of two minutes. It was kinda cheesy. But... there we were.

By the time we got home, I got busy editing a video for another political candidate I am supporting. Then it was time for bed. Where does time fly? Well, obviously, not from the seat of my Harley (LOL!)

As I started this post, I'll say again, weekends are too short.

Life is short: starts on a weekend.


1 comment:

rolandtaylorjr said...

I know how that feels. When we would sometimes spend the weekend at my Grandma's house I enjoyed the bright cozy sunday mornings. Of course, eventually the reality sank in and we would eventually have to go home and get ready for school the next day.