Monday, September 12, 2011

Day Out

My partner and I had a great time visiting the Maryland Renaissance Festival on Saturday.  We saw some interesting shows, a jousting competition, and strolled around the grounds.  There were a lot of vendors (mostly for food). A couple vendors carried leather products, but of the nature of which I was not interested.

A few people dressed in period costume, but most attendees were the typical family with kids in tow... wearing shorts and sneakers... and a few of those awful flip-flops and crocs. I saw only one other guy (who was not a performer) wearing boots.

What did I wear? A pair of brown leather jeans tucked into tall brown Wesco harness boots. I chose not to wear a leather shirt or vest, because it was very humid and rather warm. I am not one of those who "gets into Ren Faire" by dressing in some form of costume, but it was fun to see those who did.
All-in-all, it was a nice way to spend a warm (and finally sunny) late summer day.

No comments: