Monday, March 24, 2008

Best Laid Plans

Have you ever had one of those weekends where on Friday you think about all the things you want to accomplish, and on Sunday night as you're going to bed, you wonder where the weekend went and why all the plans you had weren't fulfilled? I just had one of those weekends. It wasn't wasted, but it was different from what I expected it to be.

I spent much of the Easter weekend working on my friend's political campaign. He had done a mailing that was received by many voters on Friday, which generated a ton of email which had to be processed. Requests for appearances, offers of volunteering and support, etc., all had to be forwarded to the appropriate member of the campaign team. I also had a two-hour campaign meeting. And yes, I was in leather -- my Naked Leather plain black jeans and my Chippewa Hi-Shine Engineer Boots. As I have often said, nobody cares if you're in boots and leather -- it's what you do that counts. Most everyone is so accustomed to seeing me in leather that they don't think a thing about it.

Oh, um, I'm also working on renovating a house and did the usual grocery shopping trip with my aunt. And one other thing -- I completed and posted a complete refresh of my professional website where I keep myself before the public for what I do for a living. Typical of my life -- I'm a multi-tasker.

I had hoped to have time on sunny Easter Sunday to take some more pics for my website, but just didn't have time. But I made the time to prepare a wonderful prime rib dinner with all the trimmings for my partner and me to share for our Easter dinner. It was great -- and then almost put me to sleep instantly. I went to bed at 8:30 and stayed up that late only because I was still processing more email.... g'nite, zzzzzzzz.

No comments: