Saturday, July 5, 2008

Boots on My Feet II

From time to time, I post some pics of the boots I have been wearing lately.

Sunday, June 29: My Sunday-go-to-meetin' new Dan Post Sand Vegas Cut Cowboy Boots that I wore to church with my partner.

When I got home, I put on my tall Chippewa Oil-Tanned Engineer Boots and for a short motorcycle ride to a quaint old mill town for a leisurely lunch.




After that, I changed from my biker duds to casual Sunday afternoon clothes, including my Nocona Ostrich Inlay Boots and went to a political strategy meeting.





When I was through with that, I kicked off the yuppie clothes, leathered up, and had some fun with my hunky partner. Oh, the boots? H-D Police Enforcer Boots. They work really well with chaps tucked into them (and nothing tucked into the chaps :-)).


On Monday, June 30, it was raining in the morning which meant that I couldn't ride my Harley to the Metro. But it also meant that I could wear cowboy boots with leather soles that I ordinarily wouldn't use while operating my bike. I chose my Largato Mexican full-quill ostrich cowboy boots which are as comfortable as slippers.
When I got home from work, I did work around the yard, and booted up in my ol' comfy Harley Harness boots. They got a little dirty and muddy as I was helping a neighbor build a retaining wall in the stream behind his (and my) house. When I was done, I took the boots off outside to let 'em dry (and not track dirt inside the house, which is "frowned upon.")

I changed to some boots I hadn't worn in ages -- my Tony Lama white Firewalker cowboy boots. I can't wear these for more than a couple hours 'cause they cause my feet to hurt due to the higher heel. I can't really wear boots with a high heel. (Besides being a klutz, high-heeled boots just cause achy feet.)

Tuesday, July 1, dawned clear, so it was time to choose boots to use to ride to the Metro and which would look fine with dress clothes at work. I'm lookin' again at my first pair of H-D Police Enforcer Boots... ah, so comfortable. And I really like how tall boots feel on my legs as I walk around during the day.


When I got home, it was time to mow the lawn. I changed to my Thorogood Station Boots which have become my knock-about work boots. They are comfortable and don't get hot.




Then after a quick shower and having dinner at home (as usual) with my partner, I rushed off to a public hearing. I can dress casually for these hearings, but I like to wear nice lookin' boots. Dan Post natural belly-cut python cowboy boots looked great with my dark denim jeans and black shirt.

Wednesday, July 2, was another typical ride-the-Harley to Metro morning, followed by a full day at work. Unlike some others, I don't carry "work shoes" in my briefcase. I wear what I wear for the day when I walk out the door. Today I wore my Dan Post Black Cherry cowboy boots whose soles are worn enough that I could wear them while riding my Harley the two-mile distance to Metro. Mind you, if I were going to be riding a longer distance, I wouldn't wear smooth-soled boots.

When I got home, I enjoying not having anything that I had to do, so I kicked back in my old comfy Chippewa Engineer Boots. Comfy as house slippers, but durable as heck. They've been through the mud, muck, and tens of thousands of miles on my (old) Harley. I grilled dinner for my partner and we ate it out on our deck. We enjoyed the evening, watching the sun slowly set and the critters in the forest behind us play.

Thursday, July 3, was a big day. I was joining five cop buddies of mine for a fundraiser. I left my house at 5:00am and rode with my friends to Ocean City, Maryland, and then we rode back west across the state. Knowing I was going to be booted all day long, I wanted boots that were comfortable, durable, and didn't get hot. My favorite "biker boots" have become my Chippewa Firefighter Boots. Great sole, easy on the feet, and look great, too. What could be better?

I have to admit that when I got home, I was so tired, I took off my boots (and everything else) and sat in the hot tub with my partner for an hour, then went to bed.

Friday, July 4, was a busy day. I hosted a breakfast for two friends and their families who I had been coaching to become U.S. citizens. They were going to be sworn in as citizens in Baltimore. I put on my Dan Post black cherry Vegas cut cowboy boots, had a nice breakfast, then took off for Baltimore.

After the ceremony (which was great!), my partner wasn't feeling well and wanted to go back home. When we got there, I changed into casual clothes. The boots I picked were my short black Wesco harness boots. I rode the Harley to my brother's for a crab feast. I saw most of my family, had a great time, but then it looked like it was going to rain. I came home (and got there just as it began to rain. Whew!)

I found my hungry partner in the basement when I got home. I fixed him dinner, then we settled back in our rec room and chilled out. I kinda have to admit, I took off the boots and relaxed, in socks! (Me!). We cuddled, talked about the day, watched the Capitol Fourth show on TV, and then went to bed.

Hope you enjoyed this visit to about a week in a bootman's life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice collection of boots! I have a fairly new set of Ariat Western boots that I love, plus a trusty pair of Air Force boots that I wear when riding. I'm itching to buy something new, however.