Saturday, September 13, 2008

We're Taken

You know, it's funny, but when you do something like have a new profile posted on hotboots.com, you're going to get some attention. That's fine, that's what it is there for. I like boots and wear them every day.

A bunch of guys wrote to me to compliment me on that profile. I have to thank my best "boot bro's", AZ and Clay, for helping me with it. It is more representative of who I am.

However, about a dozen men have written to me in response to it suggesting things that are sexual in nature. I have had to reply and say that I am in a permanent, monogamous, happy yet closed relationship, and I am not interested. My partner and I don't play with others, period, end-of-story. We enjoy playing with each other, but consider our relationship the equivalent of a marriage and therefore, we are true to each other and don't stray, openly or behind one another's back.

A booted attorney with whom I consulted, and who is active on that board, said that simply having a profile there, as well as a website and blog, suggests to some that I may be open to sexual liaisons. Thus, I have changed some wording in my intro in this blog, on my website, and asked Larry to add a sentence to my profile on hotboots -- all to make it clear where I stand.

I love to make friends with guys with whom we share similar interests in boots and leather from all over the world. I am very pleased to have conversed with more than 500 guys over the years who I have met through hotboots.com, and met some of these wonderful men in person. But being friendly and talking about shared interests is my limit.

Since so many gay relationships are open, or guys play behind each other's backs, or in multiples, etc., it may be hard for some people to understand that in our case, we are exclusive to each other. Thanks for understanding. Write if you like, because I enjoy a good conversation or answering questions. Just don't ask for anything sexual. Ain't gonna happen with this guy who remains head over bootheels in love with his one-and-only man.

No comments: