Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Watching

Today, on the date of the historic inauguration of the 44th President of the United States, I am working on a special project, where I will be observing the coordinated and planned response actions of our fine law enforcement, fire departments, and other emergency response officials as they strive to provide for a safe series of events in Washington DC today. I will be able to watch today's ceremonies on large TV screens, but (fortunately) not be out in the throngs of people.

This message was posted, actually, before I got there, but was scheduled to appear on this momentous day. I'll write more about how it all went tomorrow. Let's just hope that the only problems that occur today are minor inconveniences due to crowds and cold.

Watch history, savor the moment, and let's work together to make things better. Frankly, I am sick and tired of the "terror" era, where this past President and his Deputy President did so much damage to our country in so many ways. I will be jumping for joy when I see that guy get on his helicopter, go to Andrews, get on a plane, and scram back to Texas. I wonder if they have a vault in Wyoming to stick the Deputy Prez in? Let's hope we're completely rid of the most dangerous person ever to serve in government in my lifetime.

We can make things better, we can rebuild our economy, we can reconstitute many damaged international relationships, we can bring our boys home, we can move on... one step at a time. Let's do it!

No comments: