Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blisters From Boots

Yes, unfortunately, it happens sometimes. Some boots are made in such a way that their fit causes blisters on feet or heels. I have suffered that consequence sometimes.

My dear brother convinced me to try a pair of Kenneth Cole boots to wear while I am attending a conference this week. He thought I should be wearing something more dressy and "shoe-like" in appearance with my required jacket and tie.

The boots look good, and even though they are lace-ups, they are fairly easy to put on and take off. They go well with dress clothes.

However, I have had to walk A LOT at this conference, and by mid-day yesterday, my feet were killing me. Big blisters had welled up on the back of both of my heels. I went back to my room and took those suckers off. I applied moleskin and bandaids, then put on a pair of "footies" (short athletic socks) along with a pair of boot socks over them, and then put on a pair of dress cowboy boots. My feet feel better. I did not break the blisters, hoping that the inflammation will die down. I also did not want to risk an infection.

Sorry, 'bro, I am very disappointed with those "bootettes." They cause blisters and are generally uncomfortable. I'm going back to what I know works best: Dan Post, Tony Lama, Justin... dependable, comfortable, dress cowboy boots. We will have to talk about what I'm going to do with those Kenneth Cole "bootettes." I just can't wear 'em if they continue to cause blisters when I do.

Life is short: wear your boots! (But don't wear boots from companies that do not specialize in making boots.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, 'bro. Sorry about those boots causing blisters. Oh well, I tried. I'll stop pushing that dress-up stuff on you, and just love you for who you are.

J