Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Won a Car!

Yep, and it's just about my speed, too!

This 1920 replica roadster was a prize that the local supermarket that my partner likes so much was giving away as part of a promotion during July. My partner talks so much about this grocer, its history, and operations.

We shop there often. From mid-June through mid-July, we would get an entry coupon for the store's giveaway each time we shopped. My partner always wrote MY name on the coupons -- never his own. He is such a private guy.

Anyway, I received a call last Saturday from the store manager advising me that I won this prize! I just laughed and laughed and laughed.

My partner and I went to the store last night to claim our prize. I not only got the car, but also a bag full of groceries. The store manager took my picture and we "drove off." LOL!

N.B.: I am donating this car to a worthy local children's charity in a few weeks. Meanwhile, my partner is enjoying it!

2 comments:

Tef said...

Congratulations!

By the way, did Honey shop that much? ;)

Now we wait as the children's home go, "Someone gave us a car!

rolandtaylorjr said...

Congratulations, BHD! I wish I was that lucky. That was nice of you deciding to donate the toy car to the children's home too.