Monday, November 2, 2009

The Longest Session

Oh yeah? What kind of "session" am I talking about? Get your mind out of the gutter, boys!

I observed that this computer from China:

124.166.102.219 (Cncgroup Shan1xi Province Network)

...surfed every single page of my Bootedman.com website over a 21-hour period! My goodness gracious!

There were three half-hour breaks during this marathon of website viewing. But I could see the progress, where he (or she) viewed one page, then another, than another for one or two minutes, then quite methodically moved throughout the entire website.

I know that I have posted a lot on my website since I began it about 4-1/2 years ago. But I have never in my life seen anyone spend so much time surfing it.

I have been doing pretty well in reducing my bounce rate. A bounce rate represents the percentage of initial visitors to a site who "bounce" away to a different site after viewing only one page, rather than continue on to other pages within the same site. My bounce rate has changed from over 60% two years ago, to 45% one year ago, to about 28% these days. That's really pretty good for a lil' ol' personal website.

Anyway, I have no idea what Mr. (or Ms.) China wanted to learn about or see, or if this viewing marathon were for purposes other than mere curiosity. For example, the Chinese block some domains for various reasons (such as anything on blogspot, which is completely blocked in China). Or, perhaps someone in China is doing a study on men who wear boots and leather.

Well, for whatever reason, I hope Mr. (or Ms.) China enjoyed him (or her) -self.

Life is short: surf on! Visit here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One more assumption - this person (persons?) from China is simply mirroring your site trying to have a copy of it within The Great China FireWall. Then after being indexed by a chinese search engine your site (a copy of it) would be more accessible for chinese users.