Friday, November 27, 2009

My Thanksgiving Thanks

I referred in yesterday's blog post that I had prepared several "Thanksgiving Thanks" which I shared during our wonderfully successful Thanksgiving pot-luck event at which 98 guests and 11 family members participated. We had four opportunities to share with the group, and one privately. I prepared separate "thank yous," which I will share here.

Before I go on, let me extend my thanks to all readers, and wish you the best for this holiday season. Peace to all people, dogs, cats, and otherwise (smile; photo provided by a cousin).
  • 11:00am: thank you to my wonderful partner, who lights my life with his commitment, dedication, hard work, and ongoing support for all I do. I could not live nearly as well, as comfortably, or as loved without him. Without him, I couldn't be nearly as involved with you, my guests, as I am. I cherish him, and value how much he cares for all of our guests here with us today, for his mother, and for Mother Nature (just ask the squirrels and birds in the back yard!) Thank you, thank you, for being the man you are, and for being my best half.
  • 1:00pm: thank you to my wonderful twin brother, [J], who traveled all the way from his home in Paris to visit with me twice this year, including a wonderful birthday week where we rode Harleys together, visited family, and had such a great time. He connects with me almost every day by phone, email, or comment on my blog. He shows very clearly how much he loves me, and how much he cares. His wife and this world are so much the better for having him among us. I cherish him and love him only as a twin brother can. I can't wait to see him and his wife when they come to visit for Christmas.
  • 3:00pm: None of you here right now have had a chance yet to meet my best friend [AZ], but let me tell you about him. He has a spirit and great heart which carry forth by example in many things that I do. I had the pleasure of visiting him twice this year at his home in Arizona. I observed directly what I have grown to know: that he is a truly special person with a huge caring heart who contributes much to the well-being of all who surround him, and to me. I cherish being able to call him my best friend and brother-in-heart.
  • 5:00pm: Thank you to [E] who organized today's event. Two weeks ago when [my partner] and I both came down the the H1N1 flu, I was feeling overwhelmed by the need to keep on top of the planning and organizing for when you all would be coming today, and what you would be bringing. [E] just took over, and organized it far better than I could ever have done. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart. And thanks to my family [name, name, name...] who helped all day, too. We couldn't have done this without you, and we love you very much.
  • 8:30pm: to my partner, as we sit here alone after a long day ... thank you for enduring what is very hard for you to do ... to be "on" all day long, to be socially light, entertaining, and to smile all day. I know this whole thing has grown beyond what it started out to be. I also know that it is physically more difficult for you now. And with unexpected visits from family who stayed with us last week before my aunt's funeral, and with us both having had the flu and being sick for a whole week right before that -- today was even more challenging than ever before. Thank you for your spirit, your hard work, but most of all, my love, for your love.
Thank you, loyal readers, for visiting this blog!

Life is short: be thankful!

No comments: