Monday, February 8, 2010

I Don't Swear

I don't swear (often), but when this emergency message just popped up on my computer, all I could say was, "oh shit!"

-----------------------
THE NATL WEATHER SVC IN STERLING VA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM TUESDAY TO 4 PM EST WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE: SNOW MIXED WITH SLEET AT TIMES TUESDAY EVENING.

* ACCUMULATIONS: 10 TO 20 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING: MID-MORNING TUES THROUGH WED AFTERNOON.

* TEMPS: TEMPS NEAR FREEZING AT THE ONSET TUESDAY AFTERNOON. TEMPS WILL DROP INTO THE MID 20s TUESDAY NIGHT. HIGHS IN THE LWR 30s WEDNESDAY.

* WINDS: LIGHT SOUTHEASTERLY WINDS TUES BECOMING NORTH-NORTHWESTERLY 15 TO 25 MPH WEDNESDAY.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THE COMBINATION OF SNOW & STRONG WINDS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS.

---------------------
Due to this impending version of "Snopocalypse II," I had to cancel my doctor's appointment scheduled for Wednesday to get a cast on my leg. Who knows, it may be summer solstice before the snow and ice melt enough for me to get back to the doctor's office.

Life is short: and with these ongoing storms, it may be shorter! Arrrgggh!

No comments: