Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sleep With Yer Boots On?

From time to time, I read messages from people who say that they enjoy wearing boots 24/7 -- that is, including when they are sleeping. I have been asked if I sleep with my boots on, or have tried it.

I am not interested in boots "that way," so it never has been something I have tried to do. However, there have been a few times that I have been sooooooo tired that I have fallen asleep fully clothed, boots and all. However, within an hour or two, my booted feet would wake me up. My feet like to breathe, and when they get hot, they prevent me from feeling comfortable enough to sleep. So to answer the question, "do you sleep (or have you slept) with your boots on?" The answer from me is, "no." It bothers me, keeps me awake, and therefore is not something I would do deliberately.

That is one reason why I am not sleeping well with the cast on my leg. It's big, clunky, and uncomfortable. I can't sleep very well with it, because as I may try to roll over, the cast doesn't turn so it wakes me up. My leg gets hot, even though the cast is open at the toes and isn't so tightly fitted that it can't exchange air around the top. The cast feels much like a boot would feel on my leg, except for my inability to flex my ankle (of course!).

Anyway, having this cast on 24/7 for so long further convinces me that there's no way I would want to try to wear boots 24/7. No way. I can't wait to get rid of this damn cast! March 19 can't come soon enough!

Life is short: be castless if you can, and thus well-booted!

No comments: