Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Boots On My Feet

Someone asked me what boots I've been wearing lately. Here goes....

Friday, June 6: my partner drove me to Metro which he usually does on Fridays. Not being on the Harley, I wore my Lucchese Black Cherry Ostrich cowboy boots.





When I got home later that evening, I switched to my Nocona Rattlesnake cowboy boots with jeans to go to a regular family dinner.





Saturday, June 7, I went skydiving. I enjoy wearing Corcoran Jump Boots, and selected the Field Boot style, since this boot is light, flexible, and comfortable as heck. These boots also work real well on my Harley.





When I got home later, I kicked back in my good ol' comfortable Chippewa Engineer Boots.






Sunday morning June 8, I had some chores to do around the house, so I put on my Thorogood Station Boots which are very light and comfortable, and good to wear as an all-around work boot.




After the chores were done, I took my elderly aunt and a few of her neighbors grocery shopping. For that trip, I switched to my Nocona Bullhide cowboy boots which are comfortable and look great with jeans.



After the fun of grocery shopping with a bunch of old ladies wore off, I changed to biker duds and put on my Chippewa Firefighter Boots which are comfortable, don't get hot, and provide excellent traction while riding my Harley on a short ride.

When I returned, I took off my sweaty clothes and socks, and put on jeans and my Justin distressed tan cowboy boots. They're beat-up ol' cowboy boots that have taken a lot of gaff over the years and still keep kickin'. They're comfortably well broken in, and best of all: don't get hot -- even if it's 99°F (37°C).

Monday, June 9, dawned very hot and humid. I rode my Harley to the Metro, so I wanted to wear boots with a rubber sole that would also look good with clothes I wear to work. What was most important was that the boots not get hot. I chose my Ariat Cowboy Biker Boots.

When I got home, I took off all of my clothes since it was so blasted hot. Soon thereafter, the Postal Carrier brought me a large box. My buddy Bamaboy's tall Wesco harness boots that I bought from him had arrived. After dinner, I put on some clothes and these boots to take a few pics. Nice boots!

Tuesday June 10 was also exceptionally warm and sticky. I chose my Champion Attitude harness boots to wear -- since I rode my Harley to Metro again and they look good with clothes I wear at work.




When I got home, I "went cowboy" and put on jeans and my Dan Post roughout cowboy boots while I went around the neighborhood to talk to neighbors about disruption in our community caused by the installation of fiber optic lines by Verizon. These boots are cool (looking and temperature-wise).

After dinner, I changed again and put on my Lucchese Caiman Alligator cowboy boots with black jeans which I wore while presiding over a public hearing. Since storms were brewing, I could wear smooth-soled cowboy boots since I had to drive my truck instead of my Harley.

And finally today, June 11, I am wearing my H-D Police Enforcer Boots since I'm headin' out after a while to go do some more consulting with my bike cop buddies about boot choices they are making, and about which I have blogged before. We'll see various boots being modeled and worn while riding in some skills tests to see how the various boots handle real-life stress conditions. It should be an interesting show!

No comments: