Sunday, June 29, 2008

Choosing Boots

Since I am an out an open Bootman, I have received a number of email messages asking me questions about buying boots. Over the past several months, I have been writing, on-and-off, my own "tutorial" version of things I consider when buying boots for my personal use.

You can find this information by clicking here.

Remember now, this is my own personal opinion. Every man who wears boots has different likes, dislikes, and preferences. For example, I don't really like lace-up boots because I'm just too lazy to take the time to lace them properly. (And I guess it reminds me too much of shoes; yuck.) I wear cowboy boots primarily at my place of employment and for knockin' around in my community at meetings and such. I wear motorcycle boots, of course, when riding my Harley.

I only wear boots, without a pair of sneakers or dress shoes to be found in MY closet (I won't say what's in my partner's closet, but I love him anyway.) I change boots two to five times a day, depending on what I'm doing and where I am going. But to me, boots are functional footwear, as well as an avocation. They are, however, not a fetish. These sentences have links to past blog posts of mine that explain why. Visit them if you're curious.

Meanwhile, visit my website page about choosing boots and let me know what you think. Stay booted!

No comments: