Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Getting Reacquainted with an Old Pair of Dehners

Dehner Motorcycle Patrol Boots, called "Dehners" for short, are well-known and highly admired by many. Lots of motor officers around the country wear these boots. While there remains controversy in their price (about the highest of all patrol boots), and the composition of stock boot "Dehcord" plastic shafts is also causes many discussions, there's nothing like the appearance and the feel of these boots on your legs.

The boots shown here are an old pair of all-leather Dehner Boots with Vibram big lug soles on them. They are "traditional" boots, with a bal-laced instep. I have had them for well over 15 years. They were getting tight on the calves, though, so I had to either fix them to fit me again, or not wear them any more. I didn't want to give up a pair of boots like this, so I got out my boot stretcher. Over the past month, I slowly stretched the calf of both boots, and now they fit great again! Woo-hoo!

I spent some time shining them up with good quality boot polish and slow, steady strokes with a fine brush. The foot shows a little wear where my shifter of my old Harley rubbed against it, but to me (and some cops I know), that's a sign of well-worn boots.

I'll be riding my Harley with them on again in leather or breeches. Nothin' like a good lug sole when riding the bike... great traction.

I was dressed in a pair of leather jeans tucked inside these boots with a sleeveless leather shirt when my partner got home from work last night. He thought the boots looked great and complimented me on being able to wear them again. He thought, though, that the full leather gear was a bit much. Even though it wasn't all that warm, I did get a bit sweaty during my "greeting." (LOL!) The smell of leather & sweat added something to what became a spontaneous sharing of tenderness and intimacy.

Whew... gotta find some more "old" boots and get them all shined and in good shape for more such "encounters."

Life is short: wear boots!

2 comments:

rolandtaylorjr said...

I can see where you're coming from when it comes to price, BHD. That was one of the reasons why I dove right in when I saw that pair of Rocky patrol boots in my size on ebay for about $85. I feared a new pair of Dehners would probably cost me about three or four times as much.

Shane said...

I love the sleeveless leather shirt. I should invest in some better boots .. hmmm, I think Fathers Day is approaching .. is it not? ..and as I recall .. I have offspring with jobs!