Saturday, June 12, 2010

Good To Be Back Home

All this past week, I was teaching at a federal government facility north of me. The students were great, the bureaucracy was typical, the paranoia was normal, the food was awful, the bed was lousy, but... it was good to be back teaching at this national facility again. Who knows, I may return. Keep my cred up.

I arrived home in the early afternoon. I grilled some steaks and caught up with my partner on our lives over dinner on our deck. It was peaceful, calm, and quiet: just the way we like it.

Last night, I curled up with my partner on the couch, snuggled close in his arms, and "tuned out." We listened to some soft instrumentals, while getting reacquainted. Before I knew it, I was sound asleep with my head against his chest. He only woke me because his arm was falling asleep! LOL!

Life is short: cherish home.

No comments: