Saturday, January 7, 2012

Post 1400 and Blogging

Welcome to post #1400 on this blog. Regular readers have been accustomed to a new post each day, but I've pretty much run out of new content -- or at least enough to write a new post for each day, 365 days/year.

For a while, unless there is breaking news, I will scale back to a new post every other day and see how that goes.

I am still spending most of my waking hours (when I am not at my place of work) caring for my partner, who remains quite ill with an unknown serious medical situation. Caring for him takes the majority of my free time, which includes blogging time. Heck, if I have to spend an hour doing the laundry or cleaning the house so my partner can rest, so be it.

Thank you for reading my musings -- ramblings, mostly -- on a regular basis. I appreciate it. I like to write (obviously), and share information I have learned, take note of amusing internet behavior, comment on issues related to being a plain ol' gay man who happens to like wearing boots and leather and who lives in a monogamous, permanent, closed relationship.

I appreciate that I have visitors from near and far. I still have two lurkers from my home town who visit every day -- almost predictably at a specific hour. I don't know if these guys are "secret Bootmen" or are spies from some of my local groups in which I participate, or what... but nonetheless, I hope you're enjoying finding out more about me, just a regular guy next door who has an alter ego about which you were unaware.

I also appreciate the large number of visitors to this blog from my own country, the United States, as well as from Canada, Mexico, the U.K., Germany, Sweeden, Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, and the rest of Europe, Russia, Brazil, Japan, and New Zealand and Australia -- lands I long to return to visit some day. I also have regular visitors from Japan and a few from Hong Kong, but none from China, as China still shamefully blocks blogs on Blogger from appearing on the internet in that country.

About 90% of the visitors to this blog come from internet searches. Text searches are the majority, but image searches land a lot of visitors here, too. Since Blogger is a Google product, it is not surprising to me that searches using the world's most frequently-used search engine drive a large number of visitors to this blog every hour of every day. Since this blog is quite mature -- 1,400 posts now -- there is a lot of content that appears in search results when people look for information about boots, leather, wearing boots, what's in style for men, and the ongoing obsession about whether to wear jeans inside or outside of boots.

In closing, thank you again for visiting this blog, reading my ramblings, and occasionally commenting. I hope you have a much more pleasant 2012 than ours has started out to be.

Life is short: keep the faith, and keep blogging!

1 comment:

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I think that you should post when you feel up to it and have the time. Your blog and website already have tons of useful information (many thanks for trying to debunk those crazy misconceptions). And best wishes for your partner's health.