Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I attended my usual New Year's party with my best friend and his large, raucous Italian family last night. (My partner does not go to this party with me due to the noise and confusion.) We cook a huge breakfast, served at 11:30pm, then ring in the new year with champagne (and ginger ale for me.) I return home by 12:30am, and usually find my partner asleep on the sofa. But he awakens, and we have our own small celebration, then hit the sack.

Later today, I hope to get a motorcycle ride in with friends. The weather is supposed to be outstanding. Imagine, January 1 with temperatures in the high 50s (14C), sunny, bright... great "leather weather."

After that, I plan to spend time with my partner. I'm sure we will have plenty to do (smile.)

Not much else to report... but I will appreciate having tomorrow as an added day off for the holiday, so I can catch up on sleep, disrupted by "evening activities."

Life is short: show those you love how you love them. Happy New Year!

No comments: