Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dirt Clods (oops)

I get home from work most days about a half-hour before my partner does. I go shed the work clothes and (especially in winter) put on the leather and tall boots. Some days I put food out for the birds and squirrels in the feeder in our back yard to save my partner the time, especially if it's cold or wet, as it was yesterday.

So here I am, in Wesco Motor Patrol Boots which have Vibram 100R non-marring soles. But I forget that it's wet and before I know it, dirt and leaves get into the sole treads (as shown.) ooops.... What's worse, I don't have a way to hose off the boot soles since our outside water faucets are turned off to prevent freezing. Without thinking (sometimes that's my middle name), I walk into the house and start dinner preparations.

The dirt dries, falls out... ooops. Clods galore, wherever I have walked. My partner is none too happy about that, and makes pronouncements, "At this specific date and time, you will vacuum the basement stairs!" and continues to grumble. Well, he has a point. Perhaps if I feed the birds, I should go do that in my dress clothes with leather-soled boots so I won't be as likely to pick up all the dirt in the soles of boots with big treads. Okay, BB, that's my plan. Meanwhile, I'm sweeping, vacuuming... such is the life of a Bootman.

No comments: