Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Mind Is The Second Thing To Go

And I won't say what the first thing is that goes as one ages. I forgot.

No, seriously, I just had a very amusing moment. I'm sitting at my computer typing away, answering email after email. I feel the boots on my feet, the shafts on my legs. Well, being a Bootman, that's not unexpected.

However, as the view of my feet is blocked by my keyboard, I couldn't remember what boots I had on my feet. I remembered going into my boot closet this morning and getting out a pair of boots that I haven't worn in a while. I remember walking to the office from the subway and thinking to myself, "nice boots, they're comfortable."

But I'll be ding-danged if I can remember what boots I'm wearing. Hmmm, blue shirt, black pants. So I must have on black (or grey) boots. That narrows down the 127 pairs to about 70. And I remembered that I picked out today's footwear from the cowboy boot closet, so I'm narrowed down to about 40 pairs.

But that's it; that's as far as my memory takes me. I just don't know what friggin' boots I have on my feet.

Oh heck, it's no fun getting old. If [ahem] is the first thing to go, and the mind is the second, I'm really worried what the third might be!

Oh well, Life is short, wear your boots! (even if you can't remember which pair they are!)

No comments: