Thursday, April 24, 2008

Office Friendly Biker Boots

When I blogged yesterday about using my Harley to get to the Metro and then go to work, I mentioned that I put on "office friendly biker boots." Someone sent me an email through this blog to ask me just what I meant. Well, at least I'm glad someone is reading this thing!

To me, "office friendly biker boots" are boots that have these features:

* rubber sole for grip on pavement while riding
* no leather soles -- they slip
* no big lug Vibram soles -- they just don't work well in an office setting
* dark foot/shaft color that goes well with pants I wear to work

That's really it. Now, what kind of boots fit that description? There are "dual purpose cowboy/biker boots" in my collection, such as harness boots or cowboy boots with rubber soles.

I also often choose to wear motorcycle cop uniform boots because with pants over them, all others can really see are shiny black "shoe-looking" feet. (But man, how I enjoy the feeling of tall boots on my legs, even if no one else knows or cares.) I have many tall black cop boots in my collection, and often I have a pair of them on my feet at the office.

Remember, most people don't care and don't say anything, as long as you don't put a boot in their face. Wear what you want, but also wear what provides safety while operating a motorcycle and goes okay with the office attire.

Life is short! Wear your boots!

No comments: