Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend snugglin'

Friday night, my partner turned off his TV, I turned off my computer, and we just cuddled quietly in our basement. It's nice sometimes to sit in peace and enjoy each other.

I've been so busy lately with the final sprint to election day on Tuesday (I'm working a lot on a friend's campaign) that I've hardly been home or had time to reconnect with my partner. That's why Friday night was so much needed -- for both of us.

Saturday morning, we awoke at sunrise, and snuggled some more before we began our day. We had a really busy day, and our work made us really tired. But once again, we just snuggled some more for a while before going to bed. This is important time for us, and is a way we demonstrate how much we care for one another.

Sunday morning, we awoke once more at dawn. We marveled at the trees outside our bedroom window, whose leaves are emerging. The window was slightly open, so we heard the birds singing sweetly as well. It was special just to hold one another while listening to the morning's symphony before getting up.

Life is short, wear your boots! Hold those you love close.

No comments: