Thursday, August 21, 2008

Messy, Messy (but fun!)

I have a very wide diversity of interests when it comes to boots and leather. The only boots I don't like are rubber boots, ropers, and Chelsea (dress) boots. (Well, I also find absolutely no use for boots that go above the knee). Other than that, you'll find pretty much all other types of boots in my collection and on my feet.

A while back, someone whose photography on an on-line forum called "Boots on Line" reached out to me via email. He's a rather private individual, and I respect his privacy. I admire him a lot though. We have much in common, except sexual orientation, but that's neither here nor there. I have a partner and I'm not interested in any other guy for reasons other than making and keeping friendships. And even though my friend is straight, he isn't narrow-minded.

"Bamaboy" is a very creative man in his photography and his skills with Photoshop. His photos are "legend" in some circles. He has been best known for photos of various tall boots in mud, with mud, around mud, and with dried mud. I know it sounds messy, but every now and then the boy comes out in both of us, and we take a walk in our boots through mud. (Not together; I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him face-to-face.)

Bama sold me a pair of his most well-used boots. They are 18" black Wesco Harness Boots. They show a lot of character from all of his "Muddin' Fun". I received them in June, but had not had much of a chance to return them to their previous "enjoyment" until today. I went for a ride, stopped near a stream, and, well... got a little messy. See the pics that I took today at this link. It was fun! My internal "little boy" played for a bit.

Then I rode home, cleaned the boots, my bike, my clothes, and anything else upon which mud fell. I even scrubbed the kitchen while I was at it.

We all have times when we remember fun we had as kids, and every now and then as an adult, why not enjoy it? I sure did.

Life is short! Wear your boots! Enjoy and live life to its fullest!

No comments: