Sunday, June 21, 2009

Four generations

Family means so much to me. Pictured, left to right: me, my lovely 94-year-old aunt for whom I care regularly, and her grandson with his daughter, my aunt's first and only great grandchild. Her grandson came all the way from California to visit with his Grandma. This was the first time my aunt has ever seen her great granddaughter in person, with all the energy that a 3-year-old brings to life. We had a great time, and the light in my aunt's eyes was such a delight to see.

I am so very blessed. Gen 1: my father's siblings; gen 2: my siblings and first cousins; gen 3: my first cousin once removed; gen 4: my first cousin twice removed. That's what it is called in genealogical terms.

While my aunt's son, father of her grandson, was not here for this visit, he has been here before, and even went for a ride with me on my Harley! A warm heart, great soul, fond friend.
Life is short: show those you love that you love them.

No comments: