Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Smilin' Biker

I am always a sucker for a smile on anyone, but especially my family and friends. Recently, I "accused" my buddy Clay of not smiling in a series of photos he had posted on the Internet. I have seen his smile before, so I kidded with him about being so serious.

The same day this email exchange was bantering back and forth between us and among some other buddies, I had to go on some quick visits to some of my senior buds after work. It was pleasant, so I used my Harley to go on these visits, dressed as shown. Quarterly estimated income tax payments are due soon, so it was time to help my friends make out the checks and get their respective payments in the mail to Uncle Sam and the state.

To each and every senior bud I visited, I shared a huge warm smile and a hug. One of them made me laugh by saying with a return grin, "I never saw anyone who was always so happy -- and even when paying taxes, yet!"

When I got home from these visits, I asked my partner to take a picture of me. I especially wore a big smile. It was my intention to hold the photo to post for Clay sometime. But he beat me to it with a series of very nice photos, all of him with huge grins that he said that I inspired. Bless him.

I am glad that I coaxed a smile out of him. He is a warm, thoughtful, and humourous man who I am proud to call my "booted twin."
The smile I am wearing in this photo is for him, and for all others who I know and don't know.

Remember what I quote often, by H. Jackson Brown: Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.

And here's another one I recently found that I like:

A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home.

1 comment:

rolandtaylorjr said...

Yeah, Calgary Clay is quite a guy! For that matter so are you. That's probably one of the reasons why I feel so close to you both.