Monday, April 23, 2012

Goodbye, Blogspot!

UPDATE: Moved blog is at bootedmanblog.com, here.

Blogger (or blogspot), the site on which this blog is posted, has recently changed its "GUI" -- Graphical User Interface and method of operation significantly. I hate it. The old way was working fine. Now there are a whole slew of changes that make it much more difficult to use, not better.

I embrace change when changes are made for a reason. I see no reason for these changes. It took me over an hour to figure out how to post the message about my recent biker conference, and 25 minutes for this one. The new GUI platform that Blogger introduced and forced upon its users is absolutely awful, non-intuitive, and very hard to use. Sheesh...

I guess the kids back in Google-land thought they'd like to play with the minds of us old farts. So easy to do. (LOL!)

I understand that this new GUI is here to stay and that they won't change it back to the more functional GUI that they had. Therefore, I regret that this change forced me to ABANDON BLOGGER and move to Wordpress.

I have installed Wordpress and am now working on configuring my new blog. When it is ready for its debut, I will make one last post here... then it's "goodbye blogger!"

Sorry if this change will inconvenience anyone. Blame it on the mega-Google-monolith. Google is not the monopoly it tries to be.

I really don't want to change platforms, but Google, the owner of Blogger, is forcing me to make that choice -- vote with my boots, and leave Blogger to play games with others. Not me. I don't have time for this b/s.

Life is short: realize that all good things come to an end. Blogger is one of them. Thanks, Google, for nothing but hassles and heartache.