Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Not That Kind of Idiot

No, I'm not that kind of idiot. Really. Who would think an email is legitimate that asks me to adopt an orphan, supposedly from California but the email originated in Malaysia?

What email is legitimate that offers me millions of dollars for serving as a fiduciary conduit in the United States?

Who really believes that I would ever click on a link within an email from an airline confirming tickets I never purchased, or to cancel a huge pizza order I never made?

When hovering over these links and tracing back IP addresses from email senders, these nefarious no-good creeps originate in China, Latvia, Malaysia, and elsewhere.

Really, I am not that kind of idiot. All this junk goes to a spam folder, and gets deleted. This is silly. But I really worry about the few people that these messages trick into clicking on embedded links (which then introduce trojans to insert keylogging programs and steal sensitive information), or who fall for offers of millions of dollars from someone who is trying to steal, literally, from someone's bank account or steal their identity.

I truly wish that people did not engage in these awful behaviors. It causes me to loose all faith in humanity and trust no one.

Anyway, if you're one of those idiots who sets those emails in motion, I wish you a bevy of ugly, festering, green warts on your toosh.

Life is short: get a life.

No comments: