Saturday, March 14, 2009

Corrected

It is interesting to find out how mature my website has become because I received the following message sent through its system:

location: Mercedes, TX

message: Sir,

I just wanted to correct you on where you say our boots are made. You say Mercedes, Mexico when our boots are made in Texas. Our Rios of Mercedes, Anderson Bean, and Olathe Boots are all made 100% here in Mercedes, Texas NOT Mexico. Please make that correction on your website as this is false information. Thanks!

(name)
Marketing Director
Rios of Mercedes
Anderson Bean
Olathe Boots



Well, I stand corrected. I looked in each pair of boots I have that are the subject of the message. The Olathe Buckaroos did have a small "TX" in them that I had not noticed. My Rios of Mercedes ostrich cowboy boots are so old, the printing on the inside of the boot shaft has worn away (or been sweated away.) I'll take his word for it. Thanks, man, for letting me know. I corrected the appropriate pages on my website. I always strive to share accurate information. I wish more people would let me know if they run into things that could be made better. Few do.

For the record, it should be noted that Mercedes, Texas, is just about 8 miles north of the Progresso International Bridge at the U.S. - Mexico border.

PS: I don't think boots made in Mexico are bad -- in fact many cowboy boots that I have are made there and are comfortable and well-constructed. See my previous blog post on the topic of boots made in Mexico.

No comments: