Sunday, September 20, 2009

Last Ride of Summer

I led the longest ride I have ever led yet, over 330 miles (530km) yesterday. Of course, that included getting lost and arriving at our destination via a "very scenic" route. Nonetheless, it was an absolutely stunning day, with bright sunshine and clear blue skies, with very pleasant temperatures -- just perfect for a long motorcycle ride. My Harley rides so comfortably, I did not get sore nor was I wrung out when I got home with over 100 digital photos and video that I took. Hmmm... what could that be about? After I process all of them, I will announce it on my website, but please be patient.

I was looking at a lot of these:


While admiring the expert motorcycle riding skills of a lot of these:


and took this video while I was at it:


Consistent with my "don't be specific about where and when" policy, I will not say the name of this event here on this blog, else it might attract people looking for that event using Google or other search engines. There are some people who have not understood this gay man's blog, so I choose to be circumspect. Meanwhile, enjoy the views -- I sure did! Woofity-woof!

By the way, I only refer to the ride yesterday as my "last ride of summer" because autumn begins on September 22, and I will not be leading or going on a ride until after autumn starts. But no worries, autumn is a great time to ride, and I intend to do that when I can!

No comments: