Friday, September 18, 2009

Where I'd Rather Be

I admit it, there are some days when I wake up and say to myself, "oh gee, same routine ... go to work, work-work-work, come home, fix dinner for my partner and me, go to a meeting, get back by 9, go to bed, ... rinse, lather, repeat."

There are some days when I would rather not continue with the same routine. Don't get me wrong; I love my life and enjoy what I do for a living. But after a while, the routine gets awfully boring, repetitious, and well -- so "routine!"

Pictured above from a photo captured from the 'net somewhere, is where I imagine that I'd rather be, in boots and leather, riding off into the wind down a deserted road -- perhaps in the desert such as shown in this photo, on my way to see my best friend and my brother who live in Arizona. (Hmmm, come to think about it, business brings me to Phoenix next week. Can't wait! Unfortunately, I won't be renting a Harley this visit.)

Anyway, thanks for sharing this diversion of a daydream with me. Don't you have days like this? You'd rather be anywhere than where you are?

Life is short: enjoy what you have, yet continue to dream.

No comments: