Monday, January 3, 2011

In Case You Tried to Reach Me

... and you cannot ... or you think you sent an email to me, but I have not responded...

It turns out that my web hosting provider is being subjected to a huge distributed denial of service (DDOS) attack ... and as a result, it has made all domains that they host on all of their servers out of reach.

In case you tried to send an email to me, I regret that I will not see it nor be able to respond until the provider restores service.  This includes email to "BHD" and "the other" me that some of you know.  Both of my web-hosted email accounts are unavailable for me to view and respond to until this situation is resolved.

Nonetheless, I'll be switching web hosts soon, since this is not the first, and probably will not be the last, that their service isn't working.  Even though it is not their fault, their reliability is not as good as it once was.  Further, I can get larger amounts of storage and data transfer for a lower cost elsewhere.  So this week, when I'm not on-the-clock for my job, that is what I will be doing:  migrating files to a new host and then "making it go live."  I sincerely hope it does not result in more downtime for my website visitors, nor my email.

Life is short:  ... well, it just is...

No comments: