Friday, January 14, 2011

Two-Wheel Winter Blues

Only another biker knows how I feel when I look at the back of my garage and see my beloved Harley tucked in safely from the cold, with a Battery Tender connected.  Only another biker would know the irony of having the Harley's Battery Tender propped up on a snowblower stored next to it...  :-)

Some words for how this biker feels this time of year, when it is cold, icy, snowy, and non-conducive to riding:
  • Forlorn
  • Sad
  • Heartache
  • Sigh
  • Cabin Fever
  • F'kin Winter's never gonna end!
Oh well... that's how us bikers feel this time of year.

But I vowed that I will remain positive, so I will continue to repeat this phrase, "Spring will come," "Spring will come,"  "Spring will come,"  (... and the partner won't cram my limited weekend time with so many chores that I can't ride!!!!)

Life is short:  keep dreaming.  And to my fellow bikers:  I know how you feel!

No comments: