Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blogger Was Down

Message that appeared on Blogger for a long time yesterday morning:


I had a couple people write to me yesterday to ask if I were okay, since all they were seeing was a post from March 11, and nothing more recent.

Unfortunately, Blogger, the platform on which this blog appears, had a major problem of some sort -- perhaps related to the bad luck that supposedly occurs on Friday the 13th? Actually, Blogger has been behaving strangely a lot during the past week. I hope it's not failing, and that I would have to migrate to another blogging platform. I really don't want to have to do that.

Anyway, by early afternoon yesterday, Blogger had resumed normal operations.  I found the posts that I had written and were scheduled for Thursday (Law Ride Gallery) and Friday (Chaps Weather).  I had to publish them again, but at least I didn't have to write them all over again.

This is one of the perils of using a free system.  One cannot expect 100% reliability all the time.

Life is short:  keep blogging!


No comments: