Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Hate May

The rant that once was in this space has been removed... er "updated."

Yeah, I don't like May. Too much pressure on my time with work and things to do at home. My partner goes absolutely bonkers this time of year about Spring gardening, which to him is incredibly important. I don't place the same sense of urgency on this matter as he does, and that creates tension. Honestly, I would rather be out riding my Harley on days when it is suitable. My partner has no understanding about what it's like to suffer with cabin fever all winter, then not be able to get out and ride and have to do back-breaking chores instead.

I really shouldn't complain. I like the results of all this work. It's just the intensity of the schedule that makes matters rough. Always. May.

May even ends poorly because I have to go with my partner to spend three days with his mother at the end of the month. Gosh, that trip is difficult, because his mother is so hard to be around. Instead of riding my Harley for a big event in Washington, DC, on the last weekend of the month, I have to be stuck in a cage in Da 'Burgh.

Oh well, it happens every year. I should know what it's like by now. Just because I do, doesn't mean that I have to like it.

No comments: