Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Day in Gay America

This is the photo I submitted to The Advocate representing my day (yesterday) in America.


I enjoyed a day off and went for a ride on my Harley, leading four friends through spectacularly gorgeous Maryland backroads and byways on a delightful day. Yep, we got slightly lost, but we turned around and found our destination. The ride back was uneventful and equally as stunning in the beauty of my home state's green forests, farmlands, and countryside.

My brother didn't join us. He couldn't find a rental Harley that was available (not until next week). He thought it would not be safe for me to ride on unfamiliar, twisty and hilly roads with a passenger of his size and weight. I agreed with him, though I missed him.

Life is short: be out and open. Enjoy your day in America, gay or not.

No comments: