Friday, October 10, 2008

Gowen to Work

No, not gowen to werk in my office, but "up bear" to a borough on the west bank of the Ahia River, just north and west of Pittsburgh where my mother-in-law lives. We will be dere fer da long Columbus Day weekend. She has a hon-do list that needs to be accomplished to redd up da place fer winner. My partner is unable to do as much physical work as he once did due to his dizabiwwity, so these old hard-workin' Chippewa engineer boots with me in them will be helpin' aht. Bo fus are gowen.

It's funny, my partner ordinarily does not have a noticeable accent. That is, until he is within 50 miles of "home". Then it all come aht.

We have lots of work to do, so it is unlikely we will be gowen dahntahn to da 'burg. She lives o'der near Sharteers Crick. Likely, though, we will need to go to Lowes a cupple tree times, which is up bear in Robinson. Thank goodness it's a bye-week fer da Stillers, so we won't run into traffic as we stoowp at da Jine Igl for some pop!

Wit allsa bitzle I'll be creating in da garden and yard, I'll have to use plenty of worsh rags to redd up after. I'll be cookin' eye-talian, ahn worshin' it dahn wit da pop we got at da stoor.

So until I return, yinz alls take care now, yinz here? That's it, Fort Pitt!

If you don't understand this message, "It's a Burgh Thing". Click here for more information.


Disclaimer: Nothing in this message is meant to offend residents of Pittsburgh or surrounding areas. It was translated using a "Pittsburghese on-line translator". Any errors, omissions, or commissions are the responsibility of the author, and not his partner, who was born and raised in the aforementioned area.

No comments: