Friday, October 3, 2008

I've Been Bloggin'!

I was looking at my "Blogger Dashboard" which lists all of my blog posts. I was amazed to see that this particular post makes #202 for the year, since I began blogging on January 25, 2008.

From observing other personal and political blogs, I figure I've been, ahem, "rather enthusiastic" in my frequency of blog posts. Probably over time, the frequency will slow down a pace. But there's just been so much to share! Daily life in leather, information about boots and boot sightings, transitioning to a new Harley, community events and activities, my wonderful lifemate partner, close friends, my huge and raucous family, caring for my community and neighbors, living in a community that has a casual and mature kind of tolerance, and lots of other stuff. I have refrained from blogging on issues related to politics, as there are many others who do that much better than me.

My blog has served as an extension of my boots-and-leather website. I use this blog to describe current things I am doing, post a photo or two and say what I think about it, or give a glimpse into a life -- my life -- which is full, active, and for the most part, a heck of a lot of fun. Sure, I have some challenges and some down times, and I've had my share of problems and concerns. But I would much rather display that life really can be wonderful if you make it be that way. I try to do that... and share joy, happiness, tolerance, love, and affection for all things good. Yeah, there is the occasional rant about cell-phone-yapping cage drivers or thoughtless people and the ignorant behaviors they have demonstrated, but I don't dwell on those things. I just pick up the trash, throw it in the garbage, and move on.

One expression that I fondly recall from an official who served the longest ever in an elected position in our state is that he often said in his speeches, "there are some who wake up in the morning and say, 'Good God, it's morning.' Instead, I wake up and say, 'Good morning, God!'."

You know, he was absolutely right. I keep his expression top-of-mind each day, and say, "Good morning, God! What a great day You have brought to me and those I love!" I smile while putting on my boots, leather (or work clothes), embrace my Man, and mount my Harley and ride down life's highway. ... and smile some more. (and even sing, too, but you really don't want to hear me do that.)

I give warm e-hugs to my blog followers, some of whom I know, and others I do not. I see regular visitors from all over the U.S., as well as Spain, France, Germany, Italy, the U.K., The Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada, Australia, Japan, and China. I send a special "shout-out" to my loyal reader from Justin Brands, Inc., who appears any time I mention Chippewa Boots, Justin Boots, Nocona Boots, or Tony Lama Boots. (She did reveal herself once when I inquired about who was lurking). Best regards as well to fellow kindred spirit bloggers Clint, Maf, Robert, and Roland.

And to my elusive lurking RCN-using local regular follower from Silver Spring -- I see you too. I hope you (and everyone) has enjoyed what I've been expressing, and perhaps learned something. If not contributing to one's education, at least learned that life can be -- and should be -- a wonderful thing to share with people you love.

Below is one of my very favourite recent photos. Umm, umm, umm, a booted cop on a Police Harley. Can't get enough of that view.

Enjoy the pic, enjoy life, and remember: Life is short -- wear your boots!

No comments: