Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lookin' Up at Lugs

I have always liked photos of guys in boots taken from a low angle, so you can see the boot and a lug sole. I really like lug-soled boots for the traction they provide when I ride my Harley.

This is a cool shot, I think. The boots are new, as well. My partner is a fairly frequent user of a website called "bargain outfitters." He had purchased something, but needed to spend $10 more to get free shipping, which would have been more than $10 for what he wanted. He hunted around, and lo-and-behold, he found a pair of cheap Chinese-made black harness boots with a lug sole with the Harley-Davidson logo on the shafts. And they were only $10! (Well, $9.95, but who's counting?)

I checked around, and found these boots sell new at on-line boot retailers for about $100, so my partner got me a great deal! And to think, he said that the last thing he would ever buy me is a pair of boots. I didn't remind him of that when he gave them to me. I just smiled, said thanks, put them on, and then took him in the back room.... oops, this is a G-rated blog. (smile)

See more photos of these boots on my website, here.

So come on, guys, Lug-Up! REAL BIKERS WEAR BOOTS!, though hardly anyone has any courage to buy a "Real Bikers Wear Boots" bumper sticker. I've only sold 3... as a Boot buddy says, Bootmen don't think a thing about spending big bucks for new boots, but won't spend a few bucks on small item. Go figure. Anyway, the bumper stickers are still available. Click here for more info and to order one.

Life is short: wear your boots!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess for people who would spend money on boots for riding, they probably won't feel they want to buy your bumper stickers. For those who won't even wear proper footwear for riding, all the more you couldn't count on them. So, either case, you've it tough.