Saturday, May 1, 2010

An Image that Inspired My Partner

The first time I visited my partner's apartment after we met in April, 1993, I saw that he had this Tom of Finland image framed and hung on his wall. Seeing that we had an interest in ToF imagery in common was one more thing that convinced me that we had a long road ahead of us to learn and share.

A year or so after we met, I composed a photo of my partner just like this. The only difference is that my partner has a hairy chest; he doesn't shave. And I really, really, really like it that way! Woof! (See image to the right ... Isn't he a HUNK?)

The ToF image is quite impressive, from the leather (imagining he's in boots), the chiseled pecs (though man-boobs aren't quite my thing), and the obvious focus in the center. Man, Tom of Finland was quite gifted, and I am glad to own some of his art that I continue to admire to this day.

But I have to say that I have the photo of my partner in this pose on my wall -- not the ToF. I prefer to gaze at my real man. He inspires me each morning when I rise ...

Life is short: admire art

No comments: