Thursday, May 6, 2010

Seattle Bound

SeattleAs an odd quirk of fate, I am slated to fly to Seattle at the invitation and expense of a federal agency to give a speech about involving local officials in an important nationwide set of activities, for which funding to my employer was provided by that same federal agency -- that told us that due to "conflicting priorities" cannot fund us any more, so I will lose my job in June. Go figure.

I fly out on Wednesday, speak Thursday, and return Friday. I wish I could stay longer, but I have an important community event to do on the Saturday after I get back, with a dab of caring for my Aunt and doing chores with my partner in between.

I haven't been to Seattle since 2000. Wonder if the place has changed? LOL! I'll find out! I am not looking forward to the very long flight -- six hours air time in all with a change of planes in between. I'm also not looking forward to whatever rip-off fees the airline is gonna try to stick me with this time. I hate flying any more. I am glad I did all my world travel before the airlines went beserk.

Life is short: love the interesting quirks of fate and timing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in Seattle, WA and I am just know about you visited Seattle. Or I could have see you in person and see your wearing nice boots.

What boots did you wear in this trip?