Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Blog Post 1,000

Well, believe it or not, this post is number 1,000 for this blog.  Who woulda thunk, that when I started writing about boots, leather, my home life, gay issues, motorcycling, community service and activism, and so forth, that I would reach this milestone.

Blogging has been a good way for me to let off some steam and to express myself.  I love to write (obviously... :-))

I am trying not to let blogging become a drudge, sort of one of those "gotta do's" instead of "want-to-do's."  And now as I am really getting busy with my new job, including work-related travel, I know I will not be able to keep up the frequency of a post-a-day.  I will be tapering down and posting less often, but I will write when I have something to say.

Throughout the almost three years I have been blogging, this blog format has changed significantly three times with its design and layout.  Part of that has been that my blog host, Blogger, urges those changes.  But also because some new formatting techniques became available.  Also, I received feedback from some readers about things that they liked about a format, or that they didn't like and suggested a change.  As of now, the format is stable.

The content has remained fairly consistent.  I have a wide scope of interests and activities, and they show on this blog.  I try to keep this blog focused on my avocations of boots, leather, and motorcycling.  But now and again, I continue to express concerns or commentary about LGBT issues.  I also show my heart as I love my partner so much, and cherish my relationships with my senior pals.  However, I remain true to a promise not to write about politics or religion, as everyone is so divided on these topics, and there are other places on the web for people to express political and religious views.

Thank you, my loyal readers, for continuing to hang in there with me. I appreciate it!

Life is short:  keep blogging!

No comments: