Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cyber-Bashing

It is rather sad, but not uncommon these days, that various forums on the 'net allow anyone to register and use a pseudonym to say things that they would never say in public or if they had to reveal their true identity.

Sometimes these thoughtless dolts link to my website, and say...

... the most insulting, silly, stupid things. You think I don't see that? Well, I have to keep on top of behavior like that, so I can operate my website and this blog responsibly, as well as know when someone may be engaging in bandwidth theft (that is, linking directly to an image from my website, making it appear as if the image is on another website when it actually is coming from mine. I block that kind of stuff.)

There are some rather nifty software tools available these days that give me reports on such activities, so I can act as necessary. The actions may be to change certain things on my website to obfuscate, confuse, and redirect this behavior.

I wish I did not have to do those types of things. I do not have to do it often, thankfully. However, during last week and early this week, there were a bunch of really negative noodles who felt that behaving as a child was the thing to do. So sad, really; I pity them.

These behaviors -- posting negative comments and linking to my website or this blog -- are a form of "cyber-bashing." Again, it is a way for cowards to get by with saying things that they wouldn't say if we knew who they were. But being cowards, they resort to this behavior as a way to vent their frustrations and express their twisted beliefs. All I can say is that I pray for their souls (if they have one.) Otherwise, I make changes as necessary on my website and move on.

Life is short: remember what your Momma told you, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

No comments: