Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Backup Leathers and Boots

I tend to be rather absent-minded. I guess it goes with my lifestyle of doing a thousand things simultaneously.

Yesterday when I arrived at my local Metro station on my way home from work, I went to my partner's car in the garage, retrieved my motorcycle helmet, and put my briefcase inside. Because it was so warm, I left my leathers which I had used that morning in the trunk.

La-la-la, I rode my Harley home on a warm sunny day, changed clothes, put on jeans and my bullhide Nocona boots, then fed the birds. I got soaked because I forgot to turn off the anti-deer motion-sensitive sprinkler. Changed clothes and boots again, this time wearing Justin snoot-toed cowboy boots. I then put the sprinkler on the front lawn to water our new sod, and tripped over the hose and got wet again. Changed clothes and boots, this time wearing Champion Attitude Firebird cowboy boots. I then went over to my aunt's house to replace some burned out fluorescent tubes. One of the tubes shattered and when I got back home, I had to change clothes so that I wouldn't hurt myself on residual glass shards. Changed this time to Dress Instep Dehner Boots, having had bad luck with cowboy boots that afternoon and having viewed so many pairs of those gorgeous boots at the Blue Mass yesterday! (I'll blog on that tomorrow).

After cooking a great dinner for my partner and myself, I spent time processing some photos and video that I took at the Blue Mass. I enjoyed feeling the tight grip of my Dehners as I was oogling cop boots on my computer screen. Anyway, soon enough, bed time rolled around. It was only this morning when I realized that my favorite biker jacket and chaps, as well as my briefcase, were still in my partner's trunk... at the Metro (since he leaves before I do.)

Fortunately, I have a lot of leather gear, so I just put on my Taylor's Leatherwear Jacket and my red piped chaps (which I hadn't put away since wearing them on Sunday), and off I rode... back to Metro. Now my partner's truck has two sets of leathers in it. I must remember to retrieve all that gear from my partner's trunk when he gets home later, else he may think I'm trying to turn his trunk into an accessory leather gear closet!

No comments: