Thursday, May 22, 2008

Full Moon Weirdness

Years ago I served as a volunteer emergency medical technician (EMT) and served with paramedics on a local volunteer rescue squad. Whenever there was a full moon, we encountered people who had the strangest things happen to them, more auto crashes, and just odd stuff.

Most folks don't give credence to a full moon having an effect on people's behavior. However just this week, the week of the Full Flower Moon, has proven once again, to me anyway, that there is some sort of link between odd behavior and a full moon.

Within the past two days, I received three come-on email messages for sex, which is absurd, and about which I blogged yesterday. I also have been dealing with some drama on an internet site that I once worked closely with, but now am backing off. (Plus, I really just don't have the time for it as I once did.) Then at a public hearing the other night, someone testified about a project that we weren't even discussing. Then I received a very strange phone call from someone who claims to know me but I didn't know. Add to that some folks in a local group that I have worked with who got all bee-jeebered about picky little stuff, and I just have to wonder if the full moon is at work.

These are random things, but all seem to have occurred right at the peak of the full moon. I dunno, if I didn't have to go to work I would be tempted to stay in bed and pull the covers up over my partner's and my head. (Hmmm, that would be fun, but for a different reason [smile]).

No comments: