Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Quiet Boots

While I really like to hear the sound of cowboy boots clunking as I walk along, there are times when boots that don't make a lot of noise are a choice I make to wear.

Monday morning, my partner was staying home because he had a doctor's appointment and other things to do. I got up at the usual 4am, leaving the house at 5:45 to get to work. In cases where our hours are significantly different and he needs to sleep in, we sleep in separate rooms so I won't wake him when I rise.

I did my usual early morning stuff on the computer (I often answer email from my constituents early each day. Seems like my neighbors don't think of sending email until after 9pm, after I've gone to bed). As I was dressing, I chose these Tony Lama Back-Cut Python Cowboy Boots to wear because they're good looking, and quiet. Unlike most cowboy boots, these boots don't make a sound when I walk in them. As I went to the kitchen to pack my lunch and get my stuff together to leave, I didn't make any noise. My partner told me last night that he slept until 6:30, which is quite late, because he didn't hear me walking around.

There are times when quiet boots are a good choice. I'm not quite sure why these boots are so quiet. Nonetheless, for this situation, they did (or didn't do) what I wanted.

No comments: