Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Law Ride: Boots for the Biker

At Law Ride on Sunday, May 11, I took a lot -- I mean A LOT -- of pictures of boots, cops, and cops in their boots. It was a great event because I got to hang out with law enforcement officers and ride with them, and thank them for their service. But it was also enjoyable to attend as a Bootman who particularly likes tall black boots, as there were so many to see.

I spotted these Chippewa Engineer Boots on a cop. They ARE Chippewas (see the Indian Head imprint on the side), but have a solid lug sole, which appears to be a Vibram 100. Man, I really like Engineer Boots with a Vibram 100 sole, and haven't been able to find tall ones, especially made by a reputable manufacturer like Chippewa. Every time I tried to talk to this cop about his boots and where he got them, or if he had the soles added by a cobbler, he was involved in a conversation with other cops. I didn't want to intrude or seem strange walking up to a cop to ask him solely about his boots.

UPDATE: DECEMBER 2008: I GOT MYSELF A PAIR OF THESE BOOTS! See them here.

I'm draggin' this morning. I was up way too late last night, 'til after 10pm, celebrating the win of my candidate for our County Council who was in a special general election on Tuesday. I worked most of the day turning out the vote, and was pleased that he won by a 2/3 majority. He will assume office on May 23 or thereabouts. It was a pleasure to work on his campaign as his webmaster and among his legion of civic activist volunteers. I am especially pleased because he is the husband of my very close friend who was in this office for 17 years. He will carry on her work of constituent service and fiscal prudence with integrity and independence.

Even though I was out partying (defined as hugging everyone in sight, eating chicken nuggets and drinking a Sprite) until all hours, I still naturally awoke at 4:00am. I'm gonna' crash tonight. Fortunately, I don't have any more evening meetings this week.

Life is short: wear your boots!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi booted biker,

nice pictures you put on your site about Law Ride 2008.

Good job, the pictures and boots are awesome.

Thanks for sharing.