Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cowboy Boots for Work

While I really do prefer to stomp in the mud sometimes or wear leather regularly, I admit, muddy boots or full leather won't quite work in the office (giggle). Fortunately, I won't have to dress like this, either. A relaxed dress code doesn't require coat & tie for daily office wear where I'm going.

However, dress slacks and shirts with a collar are required. Fine, I can live with that as long as I don't have to wear a noose very often, or a restrictive, hot jacket. Face it, as I have said often on this blog, I'm a jeans-n-boots-n-leather kinda guy.

Anyway, as a present to myself, I looked for a pair of new dress cowboy boots to wear to work when I start. I have always liked Lucchese Classics, but their prices were beyond what I wanted to pay. I mean, $700 for a pair of cowboy boots that look identical to a pair that cost 1/3 as much?

I know there is a quality difference, but I just didn't want to pay that much for boots. However... as I surfed around, I found a pair of Lucchese Classic cowboy boots in dark grey that were on a close-out. I picked 'em up for a really great price. I ordered them on a Wednesday and they were delivered on Friday, with no charge for shipping.

The only thing was that these boots were one-half size larger than I usually wear. That's fine -- I bought a pair of Dr. Scholl's gel insoles and put them in the boots. The insoles take up the extra room and make the boots very comfortable for all-day wear.

So... I'm well-booted for work... can't wait to start....

Life is short: wear boots to work!

No comments: