Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cookin' Up A Storm

Here I am, doing what I love to do... spending a rainy day in the kitchen with my partner making pasta, sauce, and bread.  I love to cook and prepare meals that freeze well for the busy week when I don't have as much time to cook our dinner.  

I believe in making our own food when we can, or at least preparing a meal from ingredients we harvest from our garden or buy at the grocery store.  I prepare a hot meal every evening for my partner and myself.  

We never eat out.  It's too expensive and wasteful.  Further, with my odd assortment of food allergies, there are so many things that I can't eat, preparing my own food ensures that I don't accidentally ingest something like mustard, which can throw me into anaphylaxis. 

Life is short:  prepare your own food! (and wear leather while you're at it!)

No comments: